The U.S. Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division will hold public listening sessions in the upcoming weeks to gather views on the Part 541 white-collar exemption regulations, often referred to as the “Overtime Rule.”
Issued under the Fair Labor Standards Act, these regulations implement exemptions from the overtime pay requirements for executive, administrative, professional, and certain other employees. The Department plans to update the Overtime Rule, and is interested in hearing the views and ideas of participants on possible revisions to the regulations.
Listening sessions will be held in the following cities:
- Atlanta, GA September 7, 2018, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta, 3315Peachtree Rd NE – Trippe Room
- Seattle, WA September 11, 2018, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Jackson Federal Building912 2nd Ave., Ste 566
- Kansas City, MO September 13, 2018, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Holiday Inn Country Club PlazaOne E 45th St. – Ballroom A/B
- Denver, CO September 14, 2018, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Remington Arms RoomDFC – Building 41
- Providence, RI September 24, 2018, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Rhode Island Convention Center1Sabin Street – Room 551A/B
There is no fee to attend the listening sessions; however, registration is required. To register for one of the sessions above, click here.
For more information about the Overtime Rule, click here.