Conventional rust removers can be very dangerous to use, handle, and store. For this reason, Cortec spent decades developing environmentally-safe corrosion protection solutions. Utilizing the latest technology, Cortec scientists created USDA 92% Certified, biobased, water-based, non-toxic, biodegradable EcoAir Non-Toxic Rust Remover that provides multi-metal corrosion protection.
Packaged in a non-flammable air-powered spray can, it removes rust and stains without polluting. EcoAir 422 will remove corrosion from metal without creating waste disposal difficulties and is far more operator-friendly than traditional rust removers. It will not adversely affect paints, plastics, wood, textiles, ceramics, or rubber. Removal of corrosion from metal is very easy, just apply the product and rinse with water.
EcoAir 422 is completely organic and does not require special disposal for typical use. It is especially helpful for outdoor and marine applications where chemical waste disposal can be a problem. Rust remover can be used in labor-intensive areas such as continuous assembly and packaging lines, minimizing effects on production efficiency.
- Removes rust and corrosion from ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Prevents flash rusting
- Completely organic and readily biodegradable
- Non-polluting and environmentally acceptable
- Loosens rust-frozen parts
- No adverse effects on most paints, plastics, wood, textiles, ceramics, and rubbers
- Mild odor, ideal for in-plant use
- Approved for direct disposal in the North Sea
Innovation in a Spray Can
Cortec CorporationEcoAir 422 Rust Remover is packaged in EcoAir - an air-powered spray can which makes a major step forward in the spray can technology. The spray can is powered by compressed air that completely replaces expensive chemical propellants. This technology is innovative because a four-layer EcoPouch is inserted into a recyclable aluminum can then pressurized - only the EcoPouch is filled with the liquid. As the valve is depressed the surrounding pressure expels the bag’s internal fluids until the product is used up. EcoAir packaging is safe to use, ship, and store and has no environmental impact or chemical propellants.
Galvanized Steel Option
VpCI-422 G is also available as a modification of EcoAir VpCI-422 - recommended for galvanized steel. Usable in a wide variety of applications:
- In-process rust removal for parts and metal stock
- Interior and exterior surfaces of tanks and vessels
- Outdoor machinery and equipment
- Vehicles, automotive, aircraft, and marine equipment.
- Fences, railings, and walls,
- Tools, locks, and rust-frozen parts.
Most products in EcoAir range are derived from sustainable resources. Formulation for EcoAir VpCI® 422 has ben derived from orange peel. Relevant Test Methods: • ASTM F-519 – Mechanical Hydrogen, Embrittlement Evaluation of Plating/Coating Processes and Service Environments • ASTM D-6866-11 – Determination of Biobased Content • OECD Method 301D – Biodegradability.