SKILSAW has taken the next step in scoring concrete with the introduction of its 7-Inch MEDUSAW™ Walk Behind Worm Drive Saw for Concrete, model SPT79A-10. This new walk-behind saw satisfies a user’s need for a complete, ergonomic solution for scoring concrete in larger-area applications where productivity is important. This saw incorporates the same wet/dry dust management system and powerful worm drive motor as MEDUSAW, with the addition of an efficient walk-behind configuration.
- The MEDUSAW walk behind is equipped with an adjustable arm that extends to the user’s height and folds and locks into place for transporting and storage.
- A larger handle and two-finger trigger provide greater control when making long cuts. An ambidextrous side assist handle gives added support.
- In addition to the walk-behind feature, SKILSAW also designed the MEDUSAW walk behind worm drive saw with an improved pointer for stronger support, and a larger wheel for greater visibility. The three-point line of sight allows for accurate cuts, while a large foot and oversized wheels increase the saw’s stability.
- The MEDUSAW walk behind saw’s guard and foot are made of die-cast aluminum housing for durability, with zinc-plated brackets and fasteners to protect against corrosion.
- Similar to the original MEDUSAW, this walk-behind saw will help users meet OSHA silica exposure limits with integrated dust control in both wet and dry operation.
- The MEDUSAW Walk Behind features the same powerful Dual-Field™ worm drive motor with added overload protection, to protect the motor from the end user inadvertently driving the saw forward too quickly.
- The saw also accommodates commonly available seven-inch blades.