The MAX USA Corp. RB401T-E is designed to reduce back strain for rod busters.
The tool’s primary benefit is its ergonomic construction. Its extended frame allows ironworkers to tie rebar for concrete slabs while standing upright.
The tool’s automatic contact mechanism/switch automatically forms a tie when pushed down over a rebar intersection. There is no trigger to pull. Users can adjust the handles to two positions, to find the most comfortable position for their height.
The long nose attachment allows the tool to glide into rebar intersections with minimal effort from the operator. All of these features work together to reduce instances of back strain and the development of musculoskeletal injuries for ironworkers.
The RB401T-E can tie #3 x #3 up to #6 x #6 rebar combinations for a variety of applications including, but not limited to, road and bridge decks, industrial foundations, commercial floors and water tanks.
Like other tools in the TwinTier family, the RB401T-E’s special attributes include its faster tying speed, a reduction in wire consumption and a short wire tie.
The RB401T-E also uses the same battery and TW1061T tie wire as the RB441T and RB611T handheld TwinTiers.
TW1061T tie wire is available in black steel, poly-coated, electro-galvanized, stainless steel and Buy America options.
- Weight: 10.2 lbs.
- Dimensions: 12-3/4"(H) x 16"(W) x 43-3/8"(L)
- Minimum ties per coil: 155
- Maximum ties per coil: 260
- Applicable wire product: TW1061T / 19Ga, TW1061T-PC / 19Ga, TW1061T-EG / 19Ga, TW1061T-S / 19Ga, TW1061TUSA / 19Ga
- Applicable rebar size: #3 x #3 - #6 x #6
- Ties per charge: 4,000
- Tie speed: Approx. 1/2 sec.
- Battery charge time: 65 minutes full charge (50 minutes 80%)