BoomNation has unveiled a new version of its skilled workforce app for construction professionals. The BoomNation app helps connect tradespeople with employers who are looking for a way to engage with and hire qualified skilled workers, as well as share content and facilitate project communications.
Through the 2.0 upgrade, skilled workers will get plugged in with more content, communities and a new communications system specifically for their community.
“We keep hearing from our trades communities that one of their biggest challenges is the transparency of opportunity and we knew we had to create a community to solve the inefficiencies of bringing workers and employers together,” said Brent Flavin, co-founder and co-CEO of BoomNation. “With 2.0 we are continuing to enhance the platform to ensure a world-class experience for this forgotten workforce.”
BoomNation is designed for skilled workers and employers. It serves tradespeople like welders, electricians, operators, pipefitters and others who work in industries including construction, manufacturing, oil and gas, transportation and warehousing, utilities and more. The app allows them to join the community, network and promote their skills and craftsmanship, while also finding and applying for jobs.
BoomNation 2.0 Features
- Upgraded user interface
- Newsfeed with video and real-time content
- Ability to share and post videos, and to share and like posts
- Expanded messaging system with gifs and attachment options
- New direct messaging capabilities to help build networks
- Interactive jobs map that allows workers to zoom into a specific area and click on a job to see a pop-up preview of the job description and skills required
- New job postings in the newsfeed with interaction capabilities
- Ability to search jobs without logging in or creating an account and prompts to create an account if you want to apply
- Company profile pages
- Profile wizard to walk new members through the onboarding process step-by-step
- Option for workers to add cards to their profiles, such as certifications
- Profile endorsements
- Employers can see and directly message job candidates right from their dashboard
As BoomNation continues to improve the app's functionality, it will soon offer employers a searchable database of verified skills among workers to provide more efficient communication and interaction.
“As we continue our platform growth, we are excited by the opportunities now provided to workers and employers, and those that are coming,” said Chris Meaux, chairman and co-CEO of BoomNation. “Word is spreading, and more employers are posting their jobs on BoomNation because they know it’s where they can easily connect with and hire the tradespeople needed to fill their jobs.”