In September 2017, Software Connect surveyed 158 construction industry professionals from small to midsize (SMB) businesses in North America about their current technology and software uses. The bulk of respondents came from the United States, and 97% from companies with fewer than 500 employees. The resulting “Construction Industry Technology Trends Report” unveiled some key findings about how companies involved in construction are currently handling technology and their future plans.
Key findings include:
- 26% of construction professionals are already using or plan to use drones by 2020
- 82% of respondents plan to spend the same or more on technology over the coming year compared to last
- Project tracking, estimating, and job costing are the most commonly required software functions
- Software ease-of-use was cited as the most important factor when purchasing new software
- Construction software buyers are more willing to review cloud-hosted software (5% more than all other industries)