Multivista, part of Hexagon, has launched 3D Images as part of its suite of documentation services for the construction industry. The service will be powered by the Leica BLK3D, which is a handheld 3D imager that allows real-time, professional grade, in-picture 3D measurement.
- Enables documentation of complex building and renovation projects during construction
- Document mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP), pre-slab and underground utilities such as hydronic heating
- Can also be used with finished conditions for space planning or identifying in-wall systems ahead of a renovation or repurpose of space
- BLK3D employs a combination of a calibrated stereo-camera, advanced algorithms and real-time edge computing fused with Electronic Distance Measurement (EDM) technology
- Provides accuracy within millimeters for precise measurement of 3D dimensions on a 2D photo
- Offers measurement in the image in real time or creation and confirmation of additional measurements at a later point