i.safe MOBILE and RealWear have launched the RealWear Navigator Z1 for construction professionals. The product is designed to be an intrinsically safe and ATEX/IECEx certified head-mounted wearable.
The Navigator Z1 is designed for use in hazardous areas for troubleshooting equipment via remote expert guidance, virtual training and for e-workers using Field Services Management (FSM) or inspection data management systems (IDMS). The Navigator Z1 is powered by a chipset with a built-in AI engine.
The platform lays the foundation for RealWear’s broader AI Core vision for frontline workers. Navigator Z1 has voice recognition for hands-free use up to 100dBA, a feature for noisy oil and gas work environments. The Navigator Z1's modular design enables customization for various add-ons like an IS-certified thermal camera and a swappable battery.
- Remote expert guidance and training: Remote experts can conduct in-the-moment maintenance and repair using apps like Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Field Services Management (FSM): Using simple voice commands, workers can connect to FSM enterprise AI systems such as hands-free solutions from RealWear and OverIT to handle work orders and conduct asset maintenance
- Equipment and Site Inspection Rounds: Inspectors can traverse safely around a jobsite, take photos and dictate notes using the field data collection component of an Inspection Data Management System (IDMS) such as hands-free solutions from RealWear and HUVR. From there, the captured data is uploaded and geocoded for integrity verification, auditing and compliance purposes
“The design of the most powerful smart glasses for frontline professionals took incredible collaboration between RealWear and i.safe MOBILE,” said Dirk Amann, CTO of i.safe MOBILE. “We are pleased that we have been able to make a device that has met the requirements to achieve ATEX and IECEx for use in explosive atmospheres.”
“Worker safety and productivity must not be mutually exclusive,” said Dr. Chris Parkinson, RealWear’s cofounder and CEO. “With so many consumer-grade gadgets being hyped to industry, we have delivered something truly modern and in high demand for critical work procedures. With certification, we’re able to fulfill our strong pre-order backlog. Navigator Z1 is laying the groundwork for an AI-enabled workforce in hazardous industries.”
- The introduction of RealWear’s new AI Core processor, designed for on-device AI experiences
- Rugged and durable
- Screen visibility with HD 720p display
- High resolution front-facing camera (48 MP) for remote collaboration and low-light image capture for inspections and auditing
- Noise cancellation for voice-responsiveness
- Connectivity with Wi-Fi 6 and an optional 5G intrinsically safe solution for private and secure enterprise connectivity
- A thermal camera module to spot invisible issues before they become critical
- A removable integrated snag-free battery for safety and for extended use