The John Deere G-Series 17G and 26G compact excavators feature an operator-focused design, Final Tier 4 compliant engine without the need for an after treatment device, a spacious cab, and smooth, responsive hydraulic controls. The 17G and 26G incorporate a 14.5-hp (10.8 kW) and 20.0-hp (14.9 kW) Final Tier 4/ EU Stage IV diesel engine. The nimble excavators were designed with the rental, commercial/residential building, landscaping, underground, and site development industries in mind.
- 14.5-hp and 20.0-hp Final Tier 4/ EU Stage IV diesel engine without the complexity of an aftertreatment system; no DOC and no DPF, and thus no requirement for DEF
- 26G utilizes the same operator’s station as its 35G brethren (open station or cab with heat only)
- Hinge portion of the door design was simplified to provide better visibility
- Door width increased by over 3 in. to allow for easier entry and exit from the cab
- New cab has a larger front window that is 2 in. wider and 6 in. taller
- Third service door provides improved access to the cooling core and other daily checkpoints
- Extended fluid and lubrication intervals and sight gauges help keep maintenance and expenses at a minimum