The 184-hp DX255LC-5 crawler excavator has been added to the Tier 4-compliant lineup, featuring improved performance, operator-focused comfort, fuel economy and jobsite durability. The Tier 4-compliant model replaces the Tier 4 Interim DX255LC-3.
A new selectable feature, Smart Power Control (SPC), consists of two systems that work together to improve machine efficiency while maintaining productivity and reducing fuel consumption. Variable Speed Control reduces engine rpm during low workload requirements such as during the swing portion of a dig cycle. This reduces the total energy required to perform a task and improves fuel efficiency by up to 3% to 7%. Pump Torque Control efficiently matches hydraulic pump torque and engine response to the task, preventing engine overload and excess fuel consumption.
- 57,752-lb. operating weight with a 22-ft. 4-in. maximum digging depth and 39,463-lbf. bucket digging force
- Four power and four work modes
- Improved 7-in. LCD screen allows operators to continue monitoring the excavator parameters while viewing the rearview and/or side-view camera image (side camera optional)
- Features include auto-shutdown, improved anti-skid plates, auto belt tensioner, fan and air conditioning, emergency engine stop and upgraded alternator
- Factory-installed options include a an intelligent floating boom, straight travel pedal, two-way auxiliary hydraulic pedal, diesel-powered coolant heater and more