Hyundai Construction Equipment Americas has launched the HX series of Tier 4 Final-compliant hydraulic excavators in the U.S. and Canada. The first models range from 22 to 52 metric tons and include the HX220L, HX260L, HX300L, HX330L, HX380L, HX480L and HX520L. Smaller models and compact radius models will follow in 2016.
The HX220L, HX260L, HX300L, HX330L and HX380L are powered by Cummins engines, while the larger HX480L and HX520L are powered by Scania engines. Both achieve Tier 4 Final compliance through a combination of selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) systems using diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). The new engine technologies, a more efficient vertically stacked cooling design, electronic fan clutch, plus hydraulic system innovations contribute to an overall fuel efficiency improvement of up to 10% compared with 9A series models.
Other features include a Boom Float mode for improved grading control, Fine Swing mode for improved load control when swinging, up to 13% faster cycle speeds than the 9A series models, Intelligent Power Control (IPC) for computer-aided power optimization based on load demand, and Eco Breaker mode for selectable pump flow and improved fuel consumption when working with hydraulic breakers and other attachments.
- 8-in. interactive, adjustable, touchscreen cluster-monitor with haptic remote control for all major functions that delivers reactive, tactile sensations using vibrations and pulses to guide the operator through menu selections
- Cab features a more powerful, climate-control system, 13% more leg and foot space, reduced in-cab sound level, heated operator’s seat with standard air suspension and integrated console, Bluetooth audio system, Miracast wireless functionality, hot/cold storage box and more
- AAVM System for 360° surround virtual operating includes the Intelligent Moving Object Detection (IMOD) system that senses and warns the operator when objects come within 16.5 ft. of the machine
- Enhanced reliability features include reinforced longer-life pins and bushings with wear-resistant polymer shims and newly designed cab shock mounts with dual shock absorption
- Serviceability enhancements include ground-level access to the fuel filter and exterior access to the cab air filter