To meet the challenges of waste management, Komatsu’s WA475-10 WH is a heavy-duty wheel loader with customizable waste guarding packages and tire options that can be configured for specific waste or scrap handling applications. Displayed at CONEXPO/CON/AGG 2023, the WA475-10 WH was developed based on customer feedback and incorporates a pressurized cab, machine visibility and operational features like independent work equipment control.
In addition to the customizable waste guarding package, optional joystick steering for maneuverability and visibility is also available. The model includes the next-gen Komatsu hydraulic mechanical transmission (K-HMT).
To protect vital machine parts, the following features are available for protection from airborne debris and reduced wear on components:
- The front and rear frame underguard protects the engine oil pan, oil drain and fuel tank drain and reduces debris buildup, while shielding powertrain and hydraulic components.
- The fuel tank guard encloses the exposed surfaces of the fuel tank to minimize damage and transfers impact forces into the rear frame and counterweight.
- The axle seal guards are adjustable to ensure fit and reduce debris build up around shaft and seals.
- The cooling screens increase effective open area for airflow, while reducing the amount of debris reaching the coolers.
- The bucket cylinder guard protects the bucket cylinder rod from falling debris.
- The front window guard provides an additional layer of protection from large debris for the operator and window, while guards on the front and rear lights help protect those from damage.