The BC1500 is equipped with a 165-hp PSI gas engine and a precision-balanced drum with two A8 double-sided knives that enable it to chip logs up to 15 in. in diameter.
- Vertical feed rollers with helical cleats help to firmly hold material to the infeed table, reducing vibration, shock and structural loading toward the rear of the machine
- Four-position upper feed control bar allows operator to start, reverse and stop the feed rollers
- Bottom feed stop bar will shut off the feed mechanism either intentionally or automatically in an emergency situation
- Onboard SmartFeed system monitors engine rpms and automatically stops and reverses the feed rollers to optimize productivity
- EcoIdle engine control system automatically lowers engine speeds when idling to reduce fuel use and noise
- Optional features include a 150-ft. winch line to help improve handling of heavy logs and the Tree Commander remote control that allows operation of chipper functions from a distance