The 34,500-lb. 490 and 39,500-lb. 590 mulchers, which replace the previous generation 475 and 500, feature improved stability, enhanced operator comfort, longer operation between fuel filling and lower noise with increased heat rejection capabilities.
- Completely hydrostatic with independent hydrostatic pumps for the head, providing full power to the cutting head at all times
- Fuel-efficient Cummins QSX15 15-liter, Tier 3 Interim engines
- 490 rated at a 480 peak hp at 1,800 rpm and the 590 provides 589 peak hp at 1,800 rpm
- Closed-loop hydraulic pumps for track drives
- Purpose-built frames incorporate oscillating track frames with D4 or D5 tracks
- Tracks powered by heavy-duty planetary drives matched to the size of the selected undercarriage
- Two extreme service heat exchangers optimally positioned to draw cool/clean air in from the rear of the tractor and direct it alongside the engine to maximize air-flow efficiency