Lincoln Electric launches new VRTEX virtual reality welding training simulators to provide a powerful, cutting-edge solution for training welders faster and more efficiently while driving down material costs. With optimal graphics and accurate sounds, the VRAW (Virtual Reality Arc Welding) experience offered by VRTEX simulators transfers seamlessly into real-world, hands-on welding training.
The next-generation VRTEX welding systems feature a highly realistic GTAW (TIG) welding experience. The weld puddle, including weld discontinuities, is accurate and visually and audibly responsive to operator behavior. The operator uses an adaptive current foot control and can perform welds with and without filler metal on a variety of materials. The VRTEX 360+ allows schools or training centers to train two welders at the same time from one machine, each independently performing welds using different processes, coupons, joints and Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
Simulator benefits include:
- Reduced training costs
- Faster Training
- Increase in Certification Rates
- Safety – No metal, sparks, heat, gas or fumes
- Immediate performance evaluation and enhanced student engagement
With the simulators, weld puddle action and audio/visual response to operator behavior differ for mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel as in actual welding. Additional features include:
- Demo and Replay Modes – used by instructors to display optimal welding techniques and review actual student behavior
- Virtual Bend Tests: instantly provides results to reveal what causes a weld to pass or fail
- Advanced scoring for weld tie-ins
- Pipe-on-Plate coupon and welding procedure specifications
- Lap coupon with support for mild steel, aluminum and stainless steel
- Weldometer records material savings for each practice weld performed
All new VRTEX models feature the extremely realistic GTAW process and welding devices.
- VRTEX 360 Single User – offers multiple welding processes, positions and joint configurations
- VRTEX 360+ Dual User – trains two people at the same time from one machine to increase throughput and further reduce program costs.
- VRTEX Transport – tabletop-based system
- VRTEX Engage - suited for introductory career pathways programs in any environment.