Customer demand is the primary driver behind Skyjack introducing a 60-ft. RT scissor lift. This isn’t a new class, but Skyjack recognizes that with growing demand, it can no longer be viewed as a niche segment. Applications driving demand are no different than what would traditionally be filled by 30-, 40-, and 50-ft. machines, except they are looking to go higher.
In the past, customers were limited to using a different products (a boom), or scissor lift that was larger (>80 ft.) than what was required. There was nothing available in that 60-70-ft. working height range. With product offerings in this class being limited, and changes coming to North American design standards, it was a perfect time for Skyjack to include as part of a larger project to redesign their existing large rough terrain scissor lifts.
With Skyjack’s core models being updated just prior to the launch of the 60-ft. model, many of the core features on those products have been carried over:
- AXLDRIVE, Skyjack’s proven axle-based drive system, combines low maintenance with high functionality for navigating typical jobsite terrain
- SMARTORQUE engine, pairing peak performance with a low maintenance and fuel efficient sub 25 hp engine
- 1,200 lbs of capacity on an expansive platform, with minimal clearance over side of machine; keeping work outside of the platform within arm’s reach
- Updated control system that better integrates with Skyjack’s telematics solution, ELEVATE, for better machine tracking and positively contributing to our customer’s low cost of ownership
- Full suite of option and accessories
- Standard platform dimensions of 6 ft. 3 in. wide and 14 ft. 2 in. long or up to 23 ft. 4 in. with dual extension option that accommodates four workers
- Drive speeds of 3 mph stowed and .6 mph raised (33 ft.)
- Auto leveling outriggers
- A 24.8-hp Kubota D1305 Tier 4 Final diesel engine or optional 31-hp Kubota WG972 dual-fuel engine