The sixth edition of The Construction Chart Book – The U.S. Construction Industry and Its Workers continues to present the most complete data available on all facets of the U.S. construction industry: economic, demographic, employment/income, education/training, and safety and health issues, plus much more all in one place.
The CPWR is the Center for Construction Research and Training, a nonprofit dedicated to reducing occupational injuries, illnesses and fatalities in the construction industry. The organization produced the chart book with support from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health grant number OH009762.
This edition of the Chart Book sheds light on issues that have arisen in the last few years, with facts and charts that identify trends and identify issues that affect workers and industry. The book checks the numbers on issues such as
- Degree of unionization in the construction industry
- Number of U.S. construction workers who’ve gone back to work since the economic downturn
- Percentage of construction workers who are self-employed
- Declining rate of nonfatal injuries in construction despite sustained risk from falls
This new edition not only offers on-demand access to the charts and data, but also includes interactive features that enhance the user’s experience. Users can click on terms to access definitions instantly, and easily enlarge charts and tables within each page. References, citations, and databases are also hyperlinked to enable users to further explore these sources.
New features to look for include:
- Easier navigation through use of bookmarks (PDF) and right-hand navigation bar (online)
- Access specific charts from the Detailed Contents page by clicking on the title
- Advance to a page referenced in the text (e.g., 'see page 6') by clicking the underlined page number
- View definitions of italicized terms within the same page by hovering over the term with your mouse (PDF) or clicking on the term (online)
- Enlarge charts and tables using the zoom function (PDF) or simply click the chart image (online)
- Access charts in PowerPoint and tables in Word by clicking the chart/table title (PDF)
- Link to external references, citations, and databases via hyperlinks
Download The Construction Chart Book – The U.S. Construction Industry and Its Workers for free here.