Bollé Safety has launched a new series of safety goggles that are color coded and tailored for specific applications, including construction, welding and vehicle operation. Each offering has a specific color strap with variations in ventilation, lens color and material.
The Universal Goggle prevents external hazards, such as impacts, gases and liquids, radiation and more, from entering a worker’s eyes by offering a customized fit, reducing the gap between the frame and the skin for protection.
- Yellow: Offers indirect ventilation for use on construction sites where impact is the primary hazard
- Green: Unlike the yellow goggle, this version is completely waterproof and is for professionals working with inflammable products, dangerous gases and fine particles. Uses may range from the petrochemical industry to the food industry
- Cool Grey: This version is made with a neoprene strap. It is for workers who are around solvents and acids
- Grey: This option is designed with welding lenses and is for welders handling Class 2-5 gasses
Design and Features
In addition to the color-coding system, the Universal Goggle offers a wide range of additional proprietary features including a new form fitting innovation from Bollé Safety called The Wave technology. This technology features an accordion-style bellows system that allows the goggle to conform to a user's face and evenly distributes the goggle’s pressure across the face. The Universal Goggle is also compatible with a face shield designed to protect the lower part of the face. This face shield clips onto the Universal Goggle.
- Bi-material frame made with TPR1 for flexibility and PC2 for impact resistance and optical clarity
- Level B impact resistance (the highest level of resistance for goggles) according to EN1663
- A panoramic vision that helps limit blind spots with a polycarbonate lens
- Bollé Safety’s PLATINUM coating that protects goggles against scratches and slows down fogging
- A product that is compatible with prescription glasses: slots on the goggle allow most prescription glasses to fit under the goggle without creating any pressure points
"Our priority is to develop goggles that combine safety, comfort and style to enable professionals in the industrial sector to be protected on a daily basis,” said Julien Konieczny, product development manager at Bollé Safety. “Thanks to our Wave technology, companies can protect workers with a goggle that is perfectly adapted to each individual face. In this way, we are promoting the use of goggles in environments where protective glasses are not sufficient."
In keeping with the brands ESG commitment, the Universal Goggle can be dismantled allowing materials (TRP, PC and Nylon) to be recycled separately and is packaged in a high-density polyethylene bag that is 100 percent recycled and recyclable. This model is also compatible with a face shield that aims to protect the lower part of the face.