The Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) is pleased to announce the appointment of Jeffrey Brown, FAIA as president of the TCA Board of Directors and the election of two new members to the board. “Jeffrey’s leadership and innovative spirit have already benefitted this industry over the past decade,” notes Mitch Bloomquist, TCA’s executive director. “As president during this 30th year of the association, I am sure he will set the stage for continued growth and relevancy of this great organization.”
Jeffrey Brown, Powers Brown Architecture, joined the board of directors in 2011 and has been instrumental in delivering the architectural advantages of tilt-up construction to the design community. His recent book, “Tiltwallism,” explores the architectural opportunities tilt-up offers to low technology/low cost construction, and explains its history, methodology and relationship to current architectural approaches to meaning.
Newly elected to the board is John Adams, AH Harris Construction Supplies, and Scott Bunney, KB Concrete Systems, Inc. Adams, Bunney and the 2016 slate of officers were installed during the TCA’s annual meeting during World of Concrete on February 3, 2016.
The TCA Board of Directors is composed of fifteen members representing the architectural, engineering, construction and supply facets of the tilt-up concrete construction industry. The Board of Director’s role is to ensure the fulfillment of the Association’s mission to expand and improve the use of tilt-up as the preferred building system by providing education and resources that enhance quality and performance.
Other officers serving the Board for 2016 are:
- Past President: Shane Miller, DIVCON, Inc.
- Vice President: Andrew S. McPherson, Seretta Construction
- Treasurer: Tim Manherz, TAS Commercial Concrete Construction
- Secretary: James Williams, ae urbia and J.M. Williams and Associates, Inc.
Those continuing service on the board are:
- Frank Adames, Contratistas Civiles y Mecanicos (CCM)
- Matthew Bell, LJB Inc.
- Scott Collins, Meadow Burke
- Mike Denson, Innovative Brick Systems, LLC.
- Luke Eliot, BD Stevens Limited
- Mark Johnson, Johnson Structural Group, Inc.
- Brad Nesset, Thermomass
- Mark Reed, E.E. Reed Construction