The World of Concrete has announced the finalists for the fourth annual World of Concrete (WOC) CREWS THAT ROCK competition. Sponsored by BASF, CREWS THAT ROCK honors concrete and masonry construction crews for their teamwork and contributions to the industry. Crews submitted their outstanding projects completed in 2014 to be entered to win CREWS THAT ROCK. The two winning crews will receive a trip to WOC 2015, prizes, and widespread industry recognition.
Dean & Derek, popular radio and TV hosts of DIY Network’s “Rock Solid” and “Indoors Out,” as well as PBS’s “Victory Garden,” have been invited to participate in the CREWS THAT ROCK CONTEST at WOC 2015. Dean & Derek (www.deanandderek.com) are a perfect fit to not only host the CREWS THAT ROCK Winners’ Reception at WOC 2015, but also to take part in the Experts’ Choice panel, helping to select the winning crews along with online votes.
The public is urged to vote online at www.crewsthatrock.com for their favorite entries in both for-profit and non-profit categories below.
The finalists are:
- Addis Concrete - City Sidewalk City of Cincinnati
- Belfast Valley Contractors - The Exchange at Potomac Yard
- Belfast Valley Contractors - Hampton Inn Hotel
- Building Restoration Specialties Inc. - Six Mile Kilns
- Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing - Dallas Convention Center Ex Waterproofing & Storm Water Repairs
- Clean Cut Concrete - Seneca Residence Polished Topping with Radiant Heat and Skylights
- Concrete Authority - Fiorentino's Restaurant
- Constructora Cimet - Torre Glorieta
- Heuer Construction, Inc. - Colorado Street Reconstruction
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers - La Grange Park's Veterans Memorial
- IW&G, Inc - Chicago Vocational Career Academy
- J.T. Wimsatt - 8th & Hope
- Langston Concrete Inc. - The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park
- Masonry Cosmetics Inc. - Sorin Hall
- Master Applications, Inc - Dagsboro Fire Department
- P and H Concrete Inc - Bryerwood
- St Francis Electric - Doyle Drive Tunnel Lights
- T.B. Penick & Sons, Inc. - Santee Town Center
- Western Waterproofing - Ameriprise Client Service Center/Ameriprise Financial Center
Community Service/Not-for-Profit Entries
- Cunningham-Limp Development Company - Cody Medical & Community Health Academy
- Decorative Concrete Council (DCC) - Good News Daycare Center
- Evergreen Skateparks LLC - Thunder Park- Blackfeet Indian Reservation Skatepark
- FRP Construction, LLC. - University of Arizona Underground Utility Tunnels
- International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers - La Grange Park’s Veterans Memorial
- Nicks Landscaping of Ohio LLC - Man Cave Give Away
The winner in each catergory will receive:
- Up to $2,000 airline credit to fly the winning crew to WOC 2015 (flights to be booked through WOC Housing; details will be provided to winners).
- A $500 American Express gift card awarded to each winning crew.
- Each winning crew receives three complimentary rooms in an official
- Two complimentary seminars per person (90-minute or 3-hour).
- Gift bag of branded merchandise from WOC GEAR and BASF.
The winning crews will be honored at WOC 2015 on Wednesday, February 4.