Cat COMMAND for Compaction is an operator-assisted technology that automates the soil compaction process and helps contractors achieve compaction quality.
- The COMMAND for Compaction system is available for use on select Cat vibratory soil compactors as a dealer installed kit on both new and existing B-Series machines
- In-cab display with an intuitive touchscreen interface makes setup easy as the system connects to common base stations with no back office or design needed
- The operator uses the machine to map the boundaries of the area to be compacted and enters the compaction parameters. Once the operator places the machine in “auto,” the system will control the propulsion, steering and vibration of the machine
- Integrated object detection system alerts the operator if an object is in the pathway
- By automating the compaction process, operator skill gaps are minimized by providing consistent results based on operator inputs
- COMMAND for Compaction enables compaction quality by maintaining constant speed and correct pass count with consistent and precise overlap, allowing contractors to hit compaction targets more frequently