The 110,225-lb. Cat D9 Dozer replaces the D9T model and offers customizable configurations to meet application needs around the world. The new model lowers overall costs per unit of material moved by up to 3%. Efficiencies gained through a new torque converter with stator clutch reduce fuel consumption by as much as 5%, and maintenance and repair costs are reduced by as much as 4%.
A proven Cat C18 engine has a range of exhaust aftertreatment solutions available, including configurations to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage V regulations and configurations equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 2 and Tier 3. The Tier 4 Final version generates 452 net hp at 1,750 rpm.
The D9 also features differential steering for a tight turning radius and the ability to maintain ground speed while turning. The suspended undercarriage delivers more track contact with the ground for less slippage and greater productivity.
- Frame absorbs and withstands high-impact shock loads encountered in severe applications
- Offers an integrated AutoLube system, extended filter change intervals, simple component removal and continuous fluid level monitoring
- Ground-level service center provides convenient access to the engine shutdown switch, access/egress lighting and optional powered ladder operation
- Includes standard rear view mirrors and an optional four-camera system for a 360° view around the machine and ripper
- Cab features intuitive, easy to access controls, a cloth air suspension seat, large high-definition touchscreen displays and new electronic architecture that is scalable to technology needs
- Suspended undercarriage reduces shock load transfer by as much as 50% to the undercarriage for a smoother, more comfortable ride
- Includes standard Product Link Elite and Vital Information Management System (VIMS)
- Available Automated Blade Assist, AutoCarry and Automatic Ripper Control
- Can be equipped with a range of blades and attachments