Komatsu America Corp. introduces the WA270-8 wheel loader equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine. This addition to the wheel loader family combines high production with low fuel consumption and improved operator comfort.
The WA270-8’s parallel-lift linkage, with auto tilt-in to simulate a Z-bar, can be used in virtually any application from pallet handling to hard digging. Fuel consumption is lower by up to three percent in V-cycle loading and two percent in load-and-carry applications.
Standard features include:
Under The Hood/Performance Enhancements
- A powerful 6.69 liter, 149 hp, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA6D107E-3 engine uses up to three percent less fuel than its Tier 4 Interim predecessor.
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
- New SCR system reduces NOx emissions and is designed to last the life of the engine.
- More than 98 percent of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
- Fourth-generation hydrostatic drivetrain with variable traction control and S-mode provides excellent traction control to reduce wheel slip. S-mode is ideal for snowy, icy or slippery conditions.
- Creep mode in first gear is easily controlled via a knob on the RH console. This mode allows the operator to dial in travel speed from one to eight miles an hour.
- New high-back, heated seat softens machine vibrations for operator comfort.
- KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by operator ID.
- Komatsu Auto-Idle Shutdown to reduce idle time and save fuel.
- Auxiliary jack and two 12 volt ports.
- Seven inch, LCD color monitor with Ecology Guidance.
- Separate full color rear view monitor standard.
- Swing out, hydraulically-driven cooling fan, with wider fin spacing and auto-reversing fan for ease of cleaning.
- Gull-wing engine doors provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items.
- Full rear fenders optional.
- DEF tank features a convenient sight glass to discourage overfilling