MEC focused on heavy construction applications for its new 60-J articulated-boom aerial work platform. It’s the only 60-ft. electric boom with an 8-ft. basket (nearly 50% bigger than competitors). The 6-ft. jib has 135 deg. of working range, and proximity switches slow the jib’s movement as it approaches the end of its range. Full-time hydrostatic four-wheel drive in diesel and electric models, with equal tractive performance, electric or diesel.
- 750-lb. restricted platform capacity; 500-lb. unrestricted
- Drivable from 60-ft. platform height
- Continuous 360-deg. turntable rotation
- 6-ft. 6-in. inside turn radius is said to be the smallest in the industry
- 44-hp Kubota turbo diesel
- 45% gradeability
- Hybrid energy option adds a diesel generator to charge the electric 60-J’s batteries
- 72V AC electric drive has control advantages over DC, and has no brushes to wear
- Weight: 17,900 lb.