Snorkel has commenced full production on five lithium-ion battery powered compact rough terrain scissor lift models. The ‘RTE’ scissor lifts expand Snorkel’s lithium-powered range of zero emission rough terrain aerial lifts and telehandlers to a total of eight models. They join the Snorkel SL26RTE and SL30RTE electric Speed Level’s launched in 2019, and the Snorkel SR5719E/SR626E electric compact rough terrain telehandler launched in 2020.
The range includes lithium-ion battery versions of two narrow width units, the S2255RTE and S2755RTE, as well as three standard width units, the S2770RTE, S3370RTE, and S3970RTE.
- Equipped with two maintenance-free lithium-ion battery packs with built-in battery management systems (BMS) that have been tested in climatic chambers between -77°F (-25°C) and +140°F (+60°C). Can be optioned with an additional 5.75kWh battery pack for extended range.
- Deliver at least an eight-hour shift on a single charge, and in some cases, up to one week between charges, subject to usage.
- An AC electric motor creates higher torque for improved gradeability, enhanced performance on rough terrain, and 62% less jobsite noise, making it a good fit for indoor operation.
- All five lifts are available with high grip, non-marking tires for indoor/outdoor use, and have powerful four-wheel drive capabilities with 35% gradeability and an oscillating axle.
S2255RTE and S2755RTE:
- Can reach maximum working heights of 27 ft. 10 in. and 33 ft. 1 in., and offer lifting capacities of 925 lbs. and 660 lbs. respectively.
- Popular for their narrow width of just 4 ft. 9 in, these lifts feature a 4 ft. 7 in. by 12 ft. 8 in. platform with the 3 ft. 11 in. roll-out deck extension deployed.
- Weigh less than 6,062 lbs.
- Measuring 5 ft. 10 in. wide, the S2770RTE can lift up to 1,250 lbs. to a maximum working height of 33 ft.,
- Can lift 1,000 lbs. to a working height of up to 39 ft.
- Reaching up to 45 ft., the S3970RTE is the largest compact rough terrain scissor lift in the family and is capable of lifting up to 771 lbs.