Entries are now open for the International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs) 2015, jointly organized by Access International, Access Lift & Handlers and IPAF. The IAPA awards ceremony and dinner, and the IPAF Summit conference, will be held on March 26, 2015 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel in Arlington, VA near Washington, DC, USA.
The IAPAs are the premier event celebrating best practice and excellence in the powered access industry, attracting full-capacity audiences of around 450 each year. This is the seventh time that the awards are being held.
Participants do not have to be an IPAF member to enter for an award. The categories, open to all companies and individuals in the powered access industry, are:
- Contribution to Safe Working at Height
- Access Rental Company of the Year
- Powered Access Pioneer
- Product of the Year – Vehicle/trailer-mounted
- Product of the Year – Self-propelled (booms, scissors, atrium lifts)
- Product of the Year – Mast climbing work platforms/hoists
- Product of the Year – Low-level access
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Project of the Year
- IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
- Access Photograph of the Year
There are two categories designed for IPAF member companies and individuals only:
- IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
- IPAF Training Centre of the Year
The judges are looking for professionalism and good business practice, innovation and forward thinking, quality, and client satisfaction. The basic criterion is simple – the judges want all entrants to tell them why they believe their company, project or product is special and why it deserves to win an award in a particular category.
Companies and individuals can enter themselves or nominate others. They can submit entries for more than one award, and more than one entry per category, should they wish. There is no charge for entering. Awards are for activities undertaken and for products launched in 2014. The deadline for entries is Dec. 19, 2014. Entries must be submitted in English using the official entry form available at www.iapa-summit.info
Questions on the awards can be directed to Euan Youdale, editor of Access International, on +44 (0)1892 786214 or email@example.com
The independent judging panel comprises industry experts with long-standing experience in the business. The judges are impartial and make their decisions based on the merit of each entry. Judges are excluded from entering their company for any awards.
The IAPA 2015 judges are:
- Alan Dotts, sales manager – special products, Toyota Material Handling, USA
- Daniel Duclos, owner and chairman of French manufacturer ATN and owner of rental company Acces Industrie
- Alastair Robertson, owner and president, Universal Equipment, USA
- Søren Rosenkrands, chief operations officer at Netherlands-based rental company Riwal
- Alexandre Saubot, chief operating officer, Haulotte, France
- Chris Wraith, technical & safety executive, IPAF
- Non-voting chairman of the judges: Euan Youdale, editor, Access International
For more information on sponsorship and the venue, and to book dinner tickets and register for the IPAF Summit, visit www.iapa-summit.info. The early bird rate for dinner tickets ends 27 February 2015, so book early to get the best deals.