Chevrolet expanded its range of Low Cab Forward trucks with a new dock-height Class 6 model – the 6500XD. The vehicles are expected to be available by the end of the year.
The 2018 Chevrolet Low Cab Forward 6500XD, like its Class 3, 4 and 5 stablemates, is a flexible platform designed for driver comfort, visibility, serviceability and ease of upfit.
The 6500XD adds significant capability:
- 5.2-L four-cylinder turbodiesel delivers 520 lbs.-ft. of torque
- Allison 2500 Series 6-speed automatic transmission (with PTO)
- Dana axles and straight-rail frame
- Front and rear axle ratings are 12,000 lbs. and 19,000 lbs.
- Maximum GVWR 25,950 lbs.
- Eight wheelbases accommodate bodies up to 30-ft. long