Peterbilt Models 579 and 567 are available with the Bendix Wingman Fusion advanced driver assistance safety system.
- System gathers input from radar, video, multiple sensors and the braking system to create a detailed in-cab picture of the vehicle’s external operating environment
- Stationary Vehicle Braking provides up to 3.5 seconds notice when the system detects a large, stationary, metallic object in the same lane, with brakes automatically applied if needed
- Lane Departure alerts when an unintended lane change is detected
- Enhanced Collision Mitigation provides significantly faster analysis and reaction to potential conditions
- Also includes Exceeding Posted Speed Limit Alert and Action, Following Distance Alert and the ability to prioritize alerts
- Paired with the Bendix Blindspotter side object detection system