The HA-1000 Hamburg wheel-tracking tester is used to test submerged, compacted hot mix or warm mix asphalt specimens as per AASHTO T 324 standard.
- Device consists of a reciprocating wheel that is rolled over the specimens while measuring the rate of permanent deformation
- A constant load of 705 N ±4.5 N is applied to the specimens with a sinusoidal wheel speed of 1 ft/sec in a constant temperature controlled water bath up to 70 °C (± 1.0 °C). An LVDT jig is used for continuous measurement of permanent deformation along the path of the rolling wheel
- Accommodates cylindrical or slab specimens.
- Software for automatic determination of Stripping Inflection Point (SIP), number of passes to SIP, number of passes to failure Nf and other calculated parameters
- Stainless steel construction with temperature-controlled water bath up to 70°C
- Superpave Gyratory Compactor available for specimen compaction