ACPA Awards promote merit and achievement in the concrete pumping industry and recognize individuals who have made exemplary contributions to ACPA. Award winners embody the core values of advancing the concrete pumping industry and commitment to ACPA.
Lifetime Achievement Award: Dave Adams
Following a 15-year career in the aerospace industry, Dave Adams began working in the concrete pumping industry in 1996 for the concrete pump manufacturing company, Putzmeister America. Adams was named President and Chief Executive Officer of Putzmeister America in January 2000. Under Adams’ leadership, Putzmeister America achieved significant success, including outstanding business growth, greatly expanded facilities in Sturtevant, Wisconsin, several innovative product line additions and new business developments in several countries.
Dave has been an active ACPA Board Member and has participated on several committees, including Finance, World of Concrete, and Equipment and Safety Applications. He has also been an active member of the Concrete Pump Manufacturers Association, where he worked with other manufacturers to establish common safety standards for concrete placing equipment. While currently enjoying retirement, Dave remains dedicated to supporting the ACPA and promoting concrete pumping and equipment safety.
Lifetime Achievement Awards are awarded at the discretion of the ACPA Awards Committee to members who have:
- Played a significant role in the active in development of the concrete pumping industry;
- Fostered and advanced the concrete pumping industry in a given area; and
- Improved the conditions under which concrete pumping is performed.
Safe Operator of the Year: Steve Meyers
The ACPA is proud to announce Steve Meyers as recipient of ACPA’s Safe Operator of the Year award. Throughout his 23-year career as a concrete pump operator at Cemstone, Meyers has proven to be one of the company’s most valuable and safe pump operators.
“The American Concrete Pumping Association exists to promote a culture of safety at every level in the concrete pumping industry,” says Christi Collins, ACPA Executive Director. “By recognizing operators who exhibit exemplary safety practices, we fulfill this critical element of our mission. This year, we’re proud to honor Steve Meyers with our highest safety honor.”
ACPA member companies submitted nominees for Safe Operator of the Year, and as a condition of award consideration, all nominees held valid ACPA operator certifications. Every nomination included at least one recommendation from a supervisor, coworker or customer. An independent safety consultant selected the winner according to the criteria of safety record, workforce development and a spirit of furthering the concrete pumping industry.
2022 Board Members
Elected members of the ACPA are to serve a one-year term position. Results of the elections are as follows.
- President: Wayne Bylsma—Cherokee Pumping, Inc., Hampton, Georgia
- Vice President: Art Fink—CF & T, Hayward, California
- Secretary: Eric Duiker—CanCrete Equipment, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Treasurer: Nathan Germany—Tri-Way Concrete Pumping, Inc., Roanoke, Texas
- Past President: Gary Brown—R.L. McCoy, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana
- Wayne Bylsma—Cherokee Pumping, Inc., Hampton, Georgia
- Art Fink—CF & T, Hayward, California
- Nathan Germany—Tri-Way Concrete Pumping, Inc., Roanoke, Texas
- Brian Lywandowsky—Conco Pumping and Belting, Inc., Concord, California
- Region 2: Gary Brown—R.L. McCoy, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana
- Region 4: Jennifer Lockhart—Florida Concrete Unlimited, Inc., Miami, Florida
- Region 6: Chris Pernicano—San Diego Concrete Pumping Inc., Santee, California
- Wayne Allen—CPE America 1, LLC, Metter, Georgia
- Jim Bodeker—Construction Forms, Inc., Port Washington, Wisconsin
- Gabriel Ojeda—Fritz-Pak Corporation, Mesquite, Texas