EROAD and Bulk Construction Materials Initiative (BCMI) have partnered to further enhance customer-centric solutions to support business critical insights and improve the efficiency and transparency for ready-mix fleets.
The partnership includes integrating EROAD's Drive application with BCMI's dispatch system provides a benefits for drivers, back-office teams, and fleet managers such as:
- greater visibility of the status and location of assets
- loads and materials for users across the ready-mix supply chain
- support of opportunities in better communication
- streamlined workflows and overall fleet management
EROAD Chief Data Science Officer Dean Marris sees the collaboration with BCMI as a significant milestone in the innovation of transportation technology. As quoted in the Jan. 18 announcement, "By joining forces with BCMI, we are positioned to deliver unparalleled value to our shared ready-mix customers by aiding with plant-to-site visibility, turning complex data into actionable information, streamlining workflow, enhancing efficiency, and ultimately, driving greater business success." they say.
"This collaboration is a testament to our commitment to staying at the forefront of technological advancements and providing cutting-edge solutions that empower fleets to navigate the challenges of modern-day logistics."
EROAD Drive is an Android-based app for ready-mix concrete trucks that use EROAD's CoreHub telematic gateway device. Job ticketing details,with supporting information, are sent from BCMI’s dispatch platform to drivers’ tablets running EROAD’s app. Subsequently, auto-status updates and log-in details are transmitted between BCMI and EROAD for logging and analysis. Text messages can be sent to and received from the Drive app, displaying seamlessly on drivers’ in-cab tablets and visible from BCMI’s dispatch system.
- The transmission of data and information across the EROAD and BCMI systems, was designed to reduce the need for drivers to engage with multiple hardware and software systems, while also eliminating the need for double entries in disparate applications.
- Capabilities for streamlining job workflow and sending of messages from dispatchers directly to drivers’ tablets keeping them informed of critical updates about their assets and loads.
- Unlocked access for users to relevant data insights from both EROAD and BCMI platforms, without having to toggle between systems.
"Together, we aim to redefine the landscape of fleet management for concrete haulers and construction companies through the seamless integration of our platforms," BCMI President and Co-founder Craig Yeack says. "The combined strengths of EROAD and BCMI will not only elevate the capabilities of our respective technologies, but also set new standards for reliability, scalability and innovation in the industry. We are committed to pursuing synergies that will empower our mutual clients to thrive in an ever-changing business environment."