The Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) has announced the recipients of the 25th Annual Tilt-Up Achievement Awards. The awards were presented during the Tilt-Up Awards Gala, sponsored by Nox-Crete-Products Group, at the TCA International Convention in New Brunswick, N.J. on Sept. 30, 2015.
“Nothing speaks to Nox-Crete’s constant drive towards forward movement and innovation in the concrete industry than being able to put aside competition for an evening and focus on the amazing accomplishments of the TCA’s contractors, architects, engineers, product manufacturers and construction team,” says Ben Klingemann, technical communications writer for Nox-Crete Products Group. “The Awards Gala shines a light on the incredible and further celebrates the wonderful work the members of the TCA have achieved.”
Projects were reviewed by a panel of judges, representing the TCA membership, educational institutions, media and other industry associations. As in previous years, submittals were judged on architectural creativity, construction and engineering ingenuity and other special conditions.
“Over the past 25 years, the winning entries have illustrated the variety, beauty, and flexibility of the tilt-up construction concept,” says Mitch Bloomquist, executive director, Tilt-Up Concrete Association. “Nothing has had more of an impact on the perceived architectural potential of tilt-up than this awards program.”
The 2015 Excellence in Achievement Awards went to:
- Community School - Centennial Arts Center | Fenix Construction, Forum Studio
- ESI Lab 2.0 | Clayco, Concrete Strategies, Inc., Forum Studio
- Fusion Bible Church | Alliance Architects, Inc.
- Galaxy Elementary School | Builders Plus, Inc.
- Legacy at Fallbrook Phase I | E.E. Reed Construction, LP., TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, LLC, Powers Brown Architecture, LJB Inc.
- Mead and Hunt | Newcomb Construction Company, Inc., KEE Architecture
- Prologis Stapleton Business Center Building 1 | KB Concrete Systems, Inc., Ware Malcomb, Peak Engineering, Inc
- Sierra Pines II | Stream, E.E. Reed Construction, LP., TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, LLC, Powers Brown Architecture, LJB Inc.
- Triton Ballpark and Marye Anne Fox Clubhouse | Gensler
- Walker Hall, Maryville University | Concrete Strategies, Inc., Forum Studio
- Washington County Dixie Middle School | BHB Consulting Engineer, P.C.
- Zenith Ridge | Clayco, Concrete Strategies, Inc., Forum Studio
The 2015 Tilt-Up Achievement Awards went to:
- 1269 Commerce Way | Tilt Wall Ontario Inc., Barry Bryan Associates
- Academy Headquarters | Hoar Construction, TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, LLC, Cardno Haynes Whaley
- ALDI Distribution Center | Seretta Construction, Inc., Richard Adams Engineers & Consultants, Inc.
- ALDI Distribution Facility and Regional Headquarters | Seretta Construction Texas, LLC, Richard Adams Engineers & Consultants, Inc.
- Bridgewater Baptist Church | B.D. Stevens Limited
- Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing | Alliance Architects, Inc., McHale Engineering, Inc.
- East Cooper Medical Center MOB | Citadel Contractors, Inc.
- Ellen Lighting | DMAC Construction & Development, Three Square Design Group, Pinnacle Structural Engineers
- FINSA Monterrey Facility | FINSA Ingeniería y Construcción (FICSA)
- Frank's International Alvin – Office | Powers Brown Architecture, Pinnacle Structural Engineers
- Gecolsa En Galapa | Contratistas Civiles y Mecánicos (CCM)
- High Field Business Park Building #3 | Panel Masters, Intergroup Architects
- Lafayette Parish Public Safety Complex | T&M Tilt-Up, Inc., Freeland Harris Consulting Engineers
- Martin's Royal Office Build-Out | Martin Concrete Construction, Inc.
- Midwest Commercial Interiors | AE URBIA/J.M. Williams and Associates, Inc
- New Belgium Brewing Asheville Distribution Center | Seretta Construction Mid-Atlantic, LLC
- Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute | Woodland Construction Company, Inc.
- Republic National Distributing Company | Catamount Constructors, Inc., Danko Concrete Construction, SEA Studios, PC, PES Structural Engineers
- Republic National Distributing Company | Catamount Constructors, Inc., Danko Concrete Construction, SEA Studios, PC
- Rich Products Corporation | Cadence McShane Construction, Keystone Concrete Placement, Seeberger Architecture, Bihner Chen Engineering, Ltd.
- Rooms To Go Distribution & Retail Center | Seretta Construction Mid-Atlantic, LLC
- Scientech | Tom Stuart Construction, AE URBIA/J.M. Williams and Associates, Inc
- St. Louis County Health | Clayco, Concrete Strategies, Inc., Forum Studio
- Technology Way Warehouse | Alston Construction Company, Inc, Sinclair Concrete, RMW Architecture & Interiors
- Texas Instruments | E.E. Reed Construction, LP., TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, LLC, Powers Brown Architecture, Cardno Haynes Whaley
- TGS Nopec | D.E. Harvey Builders, TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, LLC, Gensler, Pinnacle Structural Engineers
- The Shops at Canton Crossing | Chesapeake Contracting Group, Precision Concrete Construction Company, Inc.
- ThermoWorks Office & Warehouse | Hughes General Contractors, AE URBIA/J.M. Williams and Associates, Inc
- Town Centre One Theater | TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, LLC, Cardno Haynes Whaley
- Towne Centre at Laurel | Chesapeake Contracting Group
- Warren Theatre | Cantera Concrete Company, Needham & Associates, Inc.
- Westway Park Office | Arch-Con Corporation | TAS Commercial Concrete Construction, LLC | Powers Brown Architecture | Pinnacle Structural Engineers
- Yates Pavilion | KB Concrete Systems, Inc.
- York Preparatory Academy Schools | Citadel Contractors, Inc.
Photos and expanded information on each project are available online at www.tilt-up.org/awards.