The Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program – a business intensive program that awards students with a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management – is pleased to announce the following bucket list items available for their annual auction at the World of Concrete. The auction is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 18 in the North Hall Room N262 of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The silent auction is held from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. PST and the live auction begins at 1 p.m. PST.
“We have some tremendous sports and travel packages in the CIM auction this year,” says Mike Philipps, Chairman of the CIM Auction Committee, “These items offer the opportunity for some once-in-a-lifetime travel while supporting a great cause at the same time.”
This year’s CIM auction offers bucket list sports and vacation packages including: The Masters; The Rose Bowl; NFL tickets; Indianapolis 500; NBA and NHL; The Kentucky Derby, San Francisco Bay sailing package; Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas and Nashville travel packages, college football tickets; quail hunts and much more!
As of Jan. 3, the following companies have donated these big ticket sports and travel items for the auction:
- Quail hunt package in New Orleans by Allen-Villere Partners
- Austin, Texas Getaway for Two by American Concrete Pavement Association
- Golf package at Muirfield Village in Dublin, Ohio by Anderson Concrete
- Golf for three at the Atlanta Country Club by Argos North America
- Kentucky Derby package for two by Baker Concrete Construction, Inc.
- Sail aboard a 70-foot yacht through Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary by Bay Area Friends of CIM/California State University CIM Patrons
- Los Angeles sports weekend for four by CEMEX
- Four Florida Gators football tickets vs. Texas A & M on Oct. 14, 2017 by CEMEX
- San Francisco travel package for four by Central Concrete Supply Co., a U.S. Concrete Co.
- 2018 Rose Bowl package by Charles Pankow Builders, Ltd. Airfare allowance provided by Ash Grove Cement
- Napa Valley weekend by Conco Companies. Airfare allowance provided by Ash Grove Cement
- Outdoor sportsman's package by Concrete Supply Co.
- Quail hunting for four hunters at Circle M Plantation by Dunn Investment Co.
- Dover Nationwide Xfinity race tickets for June 3, 2017 by Fastenal
- Tickets to Los Angeles Lakers vs. Clippers on March 21, 2017 by Holliday Rock
- 2017 Grammy Awards package for two by Iron Planet. Includes travel allowance provided by the CIM National Steering Committee
- Indianapolis Colts football tickets for the 2017 - 2018 season by Irving Materials, Inc.
- Three night stay in Seascape Beach Resort condo in Aptos, CA by Las Animas Concrete
- San Francisco Giants weekend package by Lehigh Hanson, Inc.
- Luxury suite tickets to a Dallas Cowboys football game for the 2017 season by Martin Marietta Materials
- Grapevine Wine Tour package in Dallas, Texas by Matt Childs of Grapevine Wine Tours
- Week-long houseboat rental ($3,000 voucher) by MTSU CIM Patrons
- Nashville experience package for two by MTSU CIM Patrons
- New York City dinner/hotel package for two on Feb. 22 by NJIT CIM Patrons
- Chicago sports weekend for four on April 1-2, 2017 by Ozinga Bros., Inc. and Lafarge Holcim
- Indianapolis 500 race package for two on May 26 - 29, 2017 by PACCAR
- Carolina Panthers single game tickets for the 2017 NFL season by Power Curbers, Inc.
- University of Alabama vs. Ole Miss. football tickets for Sept. 30, 2017 by Ready Mix USA
- Six premiere suite tickets to a Dallas Cowboys football game by Rush Enterprises, Inc.
- Tickets to Nashville Predators home game by SEFA Group
- 2017 Masters Golf tournament package on April 8 – 9 by Sika Corporation
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Boston Bruins hockey tickets in Anaheim, CA by Stego Industries, LLC
- Four baseball tickets behind home plate to Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers on May 5, 2017 by Stoneway Concrete
- Gaylord Texan getaway package by Texas State University CIM Patrons Board
- Four Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals baseball tickets on April 20, 2017 by Thomas Concrete Co.
- Four Atlanta Braves vs. New York Mets baseball tickets on June 9, 2017 by Thomas Concrete Co.
- Dallas sports experience for four by U.S. Concrete
- New York City package for two in June 2017 by U.S. Concrete Atlantic Region. Airfare allowance courtesy of CIM National Steering Committee.
- Washington Redskins vs. New York Giants football tickets during the 2017 season by Vulcan Materials
- Players Stadium Golf and Sawgrass lodging package by Vulcan Materials
- Sailing on San Francisco Bay on a 40-foot yacht by Webcor
- Welcome to Nashville, Tenn. "Home of Country Music" package by Wirtgen America, Inc.
- Four tickets to any 2017 Miami Dolphins home game by Woodland Tilt-Up
Also as of Jan. 3, the following companies have donated these unique items for the auction:
- American Concrete Pipe Association - Annual convention registration and hotel package – includes registration for convention and lodging at the Westin in Hilton Head, S.C.
- Besser Company - Blockmakers Workshop® – taught on the campus of Alpena Community College at the World Center for Concrete Technology.
- Portraits - Exclusive family portrait with hotel stay. Includes a 20-inch wall portrait on canvas plus a one night stay in a luxury hotel.
- ConcreteCareers.com – Deeply discounted placement fee
- Doosan – Bobcat Company – 12 sets of miniature models, including skidsteer, excavator and compact track
- Erie Strayer Company - Lenovo 15.6-inch laptop with Intel® Pentium N3710 processor
- FMI Corporation – One registration to the FMI Field Leader Institute, held in Florissant, Colorado. Choose dates from Feb. 21-23, May 16-18 or Dec 5-7, 2017.
- Frank Kozeliski Consulting Engineer - Concrete bowl, Mason jar and unique concrete business cards.
- Housby - $1,500 gift certificate to Golf Galaxy
- John Deere Construction & Forestry Division – John Deere X570 tractor with 48 Accel deep mower deck. Includes cruise control, storage under seat and toolbox, manual two-wheel steer, 16″ turning radius, 48″ mower deck.
- L.M. Scofield Co. – 32 GB, WiFi enabled iPad Pro.
- National Precast Concrete Association Foundation – Series 1 Apple Watch, includes gold aluminum case with concrete sport band.
- National Precast Concrete Association - The 2017 Precast Show package, March 2-4, 2017 in Cleveland, Ohio. Includes two tickets to the precast show educational courses, two tickets to the trade show floor and lodging at the Drury Plaza.
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute - PCI Convention and National Bridge Conference registration and lodging. Includes two registrations to the 2017 conference, scheduled for Feb. 28 – March 4 in Cleveland, Ohio, as well as lodging. Bradford Renaissance
- Sandler Training - Two one-day sales or sales management training programs for up to 25 people. Participants will actively engage in exercises and classroom learning as they learn the Sandler system for sales or sales management.
- Silvi Group Companies, Inc. – Wine from Larry Silvi’s personal wine collection – includes 2013 Kesner Pinot Noir, 2007 Patz and Hall Pinot Noir and many more.
- Terex Advance Mixer – Six Terex Timberline work coats and waterproof jackets.
- W. W. Grainger - DeWalt FLEXVOLT jobsite radio DCR025, includes a 20V/60V DeWalt battery charger, Bluetooth connectivity up to 100 ft., two additional AC power outlets, and NFC wireless connectivity.
- Walttools - Concrete sculpture “Ice Rock” sculpted by Nathan Giffin. The “Ice Rock” is a functional sculpture that serves as a vessel for drinks, popsicles, fruit, candy or anything that will fit in the rock cavity.
For more detailed information about any of these packages, visit the CIM website Auction page.
Once again, in addition to on-site bidding, internet bidding will be available on the Ritchie Bros. website. To participate in the live auction on-line, bidders must register one week in advance.
This year, all items are available for bid whether in attendance at the show or not. Bidding can begin on the 100+ items in the silent auction immediately and continue bidding on any mobile device straight through the event. The live auction items will only be available for bidding during the event itself, but can be bid on either in person or on-line. Auction participation instructions are available on the CIM website at http://concretedegree.com/auction/.