The Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program – a business intensive program that awards students with a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management – is pleased to announce the following list of ready mixed concrete-focused items have been donated for their annual auction at the World of Concrete. The auction is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 18 in the Las Vegas Convention Center. The silent auction will be held from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. PST in North Hall Room N263 and the live auction begins at 1 p.m. PST next door in North Hall Room N262.
“Thanks to the tremendous response from the industry, we anticipate having the best CIM auction ever,” says Mike Philipps, CIM Auction Chairman. “In addition to our signature concrete mixer truck donated by Mack Trucks, Inc. and McNeilus Company, we have a variety of items targeted specifically for the concrete industry.”
“The National Steering Committee (NSC) is pleased by the overwhelming support of the concrete, cement and fly ash industry with their contributions to the CIM program,” notes CIM Marketing Committee Chairman Brian Gallagher. “Concrete producers will have many opportunities to support the CIM program while simultaneously purchasing equipment and product they will need for their day-to-day operations - this is win-win!”
This year’s CIM auction also offers bucket list sports and vacation packages including: The Masters; The Rose Bowl; NFL tickets; Indianapolis 500; NBA and NHL; The Kentucky Derby, San Francisco Bay sailing package; Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas and Nashville travel packages, college football tickets; quail hunts and much more!
While the list of items continues to grow, as of Jan. 3, the ready mixed concrete-focused auction items include:
- ABC Polymer – Concrete Fibers has donated four pallets of Mono Tuf (micro) or Fibril Tuf (Fibrillated) Fibers.
- Argos Cement has donated five loads of Type I bulk Portland cement, to be picked up at a manufacturing facility in either Harleyville, S.C., Newberry, Fla. or Roberta, Ala.
- BASF has donated a $30,000 admixture package, which includes RheoTEC workability-retaining admixture, RHEOCOLOR L liquid-coloring admixture and DELVO hydration-controlling admixture.
- Beck Industrial, Inc. has donated a $10,000 voucher toward the purchase of a new Beck Industrial concrete mixer truck in 2017.
- CalPortland has donated five loads of Portland cement that can be picked up at a CalPortland location.
- Capitol Aggregates, Inc. have donated four loads of Type I, Type IL, Type IP or Type III Portland cement, FOB San Antonio, Texas.
- CEMEX has donated ten loads Type I/II Portland Cement – FOB CEMEX U.S. plant or terminal location.
- CHRYSO Inc. has donated an admixture package. Buyer’s choice from a variety of options on chemical admixtures from CHRYSO Inc. up to a value of $10,000 at list price.
- Command Alkon has donated a COMMANDbatch System with options up to a value of $25,000 (based on published list price), FOB manufacturer.
- CON-E-CO has donated a model PJC-300S Silo Dust Collector for 304-square-feet of cleaning area with high pressure air-pulse jet cleaning system and 1,250 CFM capacity. Includes weld-on adapter flange and spring loaded pressure relief valve with weld on flange.
- Con-Tech Manufacturing, Inc. (CTM Mixers) has donated one new Con-Tech HP mixer drum with 3/16 shell and 1/4 fins, buyer’s choice of size 9-11 yard.
- Continental Cement has donated two loads of Portland Cement, FOB any continental plant or terminal location.
- Eagle Materials - Central Plains Cement Company has donated three loads of Type I/II Portland cement, FOB Sugar Creek, MO cement plant.
- Euclid Chemical Company has donated a curing and sealing compound package which includes two pallets of any combination of Euclid Super Diamond Clear or Super Diamond Clear 350 plus two Chapin X-Treme contractor sprayers (model 19049), two cases of Euclid Universal color packs and two cases of EucoGrip non-skid additive.
- Fibermesh by Propex has donated one pallet each of Fibermesh 150 and Fibermesh 300 Microsynthetic Fibers. Expressly formulated to address early age cracking, these fibers prevent 80 to 100 percent of cracks in the plastic state.
- FORTA Corporation has donated two pallets (totaling 960 pounds) of FORTA-FERRO Macro Synthetic Fiber Reinforcement. Packaged in 2.5-pound mixer-ready bags, this product is known for mixing without balling and a superior surface finish.
- GCC has donated five loads of Type I/II bulk Portland cement, FOB cement plant or terminal site.
- GivenHansco has donated Keystone Accounting System Software, includes two user licenses.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has donated eight Goodyear Authorized Retreads. The winning bidder will provide casings in order to retread them. Limited to on-the-road concrete trucks.
- GCP Applied Technologies has donated a $30,000 admixture package including Recover® Hydration Stabilizers, V-MAR 3 Viscosity Modifier and STRUX 90/40 Synthetic Macro Fiber Reinforcement
- Illinois Cement Company has donated three loads of Type I Portland Cement (approximately 25 short tons per load) – FOB at Illinois Cement Plant.
- Innovative Concrete Solutions & Systems has donated one chute wash recovery system – an efficiency tool that saves producers up to 15 minutes per load.
- LafargeHolcim has donated 15 truckloads of Type I/II Portland cement (at approximately 25 short tons per load) that can be picked up at a LarfargeHolcim United States plant location.
- Lehigh Hanson, Inc. has donated 15 truckloads of cement (truckloads are limited to a maximum of 27 short tons per load). Pick-up limited to United States locations.
- Mack Trucks, Inc. has once again donated a 2016 Mack Granite Axle Forward Truck Chassis #GU713, 030431 GSO #93244. Chassis holds an 11-cubic yard McNeilus Bridgemaster Mixer (see McNeilus listing below). This truck mixer will be on-site at World of Concrete, and must be removed by buyer at the conclusion of the show. Transportation is the buyer’s responsibility.
- McNeilus Co., a Div. of Oshkosh Truck has once again donated a 2016 McNeilus 11-cubic-yard Bridgemaster Mixer M80 transit mixer body with 11-cubic-yard M80 paver drum with 46″ opening. This truck mixer will be on-site at World of Concrete, and must be removed by buyer at the conclusion of the show. Transportation is the buyer’s responsibility.
- Martin Marietta has donated five loads of Type I/II cement, FOB Martin Marietta’s cement plant in Hunter, Texas.
- Mitsubishi Cement Corporation has donated five loads of Type II/IV Portland cement, FOB cement plant or terminal site.
- National Cement has donated three truckloads of Type I/II Portland cement that can be picked up at the National Cement plant in Ragland, Ala.
- RexCon Concrete Products has donated a central mix plant drum liner kit and poly blade liner kit.
- Roanoke Cement Company, LLC/a Titan America Business has donated five loads of Type I/II Portland cement that can be picked up at the Troutville, Va. location.
- Salt River Materials Group has donated four loads of high quality Class F fly ash that can be picked up at a Salt River Materials plant facility (Cholla, Four Corners, San Juan, Escalante or Coronado).
- Schwing America has donated 10.5 or 11-yard Swing America concrete mixer OEM drum – FOB manufacturing facility.
- SEFA Group has donated two loads of fly ash from either the Cumberland or Kingston Fossil Plants in Tennessee.
- St. Marys Cement, Inc. (U.S.), a Division of Votorantim Cement North America has donated five loads of Type I Portland cement that can be picked up at a St. Mary’s cement plant or terminal in Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio and/or New York.
- Stalite has donated two loads of Stalite structural lightweight material. FOB Gold Hill, North Carolina terminal.
- Stephens Mfg. has donated a model SOS-1020 cartridge type Silo Dust Collector. Works well for cement or fly ash and cartridges are washable and easy to change.
- TRUCKAST, Inc. has donated a six month usage of the TRUCKAST Application. TRUCKAST provides both contractors and producers real-time job site data, such as access to real-time information from order entry to job visibility, from batch to pour-out and return to plant.
- Vince Hagan Co. has donated a model VH-245JP Silo Top Dust Collector. Includes silo mounted flange and top access hinged door. FOB Vince Hagan manufacturing facility in Dallas.
Once again, in addition to on-site bidding, internet bidding will be available on the Ritchie Bros. website. To participate in the live auction on-line, bidders must register one week in advance.
This year, all items are available for bid whether in attendance at the show or not. Bidding can begin on the 100+ items in the silent auction immediately and continue bidding on any mobile device straight through the event. The live auction items will only be available for bidding during the event itself, but can be bid on either in person or on-line. Auction participation instructions are available on the CIM website at http://concretedegree.com/auction/.