RectorSeal, a manufacturer of quality firestop construction products, introduces Blaze Foam, a compressible, fast installation intumescing foam strip for firestopping dynamic and static head-of-wall, bottom-of-wall and wall-to-wall joints. Blaze Foam is a charcoal-colored, 48 x 5/8 x 1.5-inch (121 x 1.5 x 3.8-cm) polyurethane foam strip designed for easily compressing by hand into construction joints on both sides of the wall up to 1-inch-wide. The compressible firestop increases project productivity, reduces jobsite waste and cuts firestopping labor installation time by 75-percent versus traditional firestop caulking methods.
Blaze Foam was tested in accordance with UL 2079 and ASTM E1966, and is compliant with the International Building Code (IBC), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and all other building code authorities. The compressible firestop is classified as a fill, void or cavity material and carries an F rating up to 2 hours. The assembly has 50-percent movement capabilities, and was cycled 500 times in a range of 1/4-inch to one-inch in tests.
Other benefits of Blaze Foam include:
- Stays secured without the need for mechanical fasteners
- Uses no asbestos or hazardous materials
- Expands during a fire and prevents flame and smoke leakage under UL-2079 test standards
- Guaranteed to last the sustainable life of the building when applied via manufacturer's requirements
- Requires no maintenance
- Intumescent expansion activation begins at 375°F (190°C) and expansion is greatest at 575 to 1,100°F (302 to 593°C)
- Blaze Foam has a 10-year shelf/storage life and is available in an 80-piece carton from building materials wholesale distributors