Are your projects victims of project management scope creep? Learn how to prevent scope creep on projects with these seven top tips. Projectmanager.com Director Jennifer Whitt shows how you can put techniques in place to manage and/or prevent both scope creep AND "scope creeps" (the annoying people on your project who cause the scope creep!).
- Define the scope before the project starts.
- Log the changes to the scope.
- Rebaseline the project schedule.
- Request additional funding.
- Watch your team behaviors for signs of project scope creep.
- Set priorities.
- Avoid the trap of being asked to do the time-sapping little extras that ultimately lead to scope creep on projects.