DEVELON has expanded its range of mini excavators with the introduction of the DX42-7. With 47 net hp and a conventional tail swing configuration, this model is designed for navigating tight, congested jobsites and urban areas.
Part of the next-generation -7 Series mini excavator lineup, the DX42-7 offers fast cycle times, torque-limiting piston pumps that respond to load demands and a large counterweight for balance and durability.
“Weighing in at 4 metric tons, the DX42-7 delivers the power, maneuverability and versatility our customers have come to expect from DEVELON mini excavators,” said Thomas Lee, director of product management at DEVELON. “Whether it’s utility work, landscaping, construction or site prep, the DX42-7 boasts an impressive lifting capacity, enabling effortless movement of pipes, boulders and various materials. With its powerful digging forces, customers can accomplish more tasks in less time.”
The DX42-7 is equipped with several capabilities for demanding jobsites. One optional feature is its four-way swing blade on the front, enabling blade positioning and reducing the need for frequent machine repositioning, as well as facilitating backfilling. Additional features include the following:
- Thumb-ready arm: The DX42-7 comes equipped with a standard thumb-ready arm. Durable thumb mounts are integrated into the excavator arm, eliminating the need for any welding when adding a thumb attachment.
- Quick-coupler-ready design: With a quick-coupler hydraulic piping installed at the end of the arm, the DX42-7 eliminates the need for additional accessories when installing a compatible quick coupler to the machine. This design reduces the time needed to switch attachments.
- Lever pattern control: Customers can choose between two control patterns, ISO and BHL. This allows customers to select the pattern that suits their operating preferences.
Two cabin options are available with the DX42-7: open canopy and enclosed cab configuration. Enclosed cab models come with standard heating and air conditioning and hands-free Bluetooth audio. The air conditioning system promotes airflow through multiple vents, catering to operator comfort.
A simple thumb switch located on the right joystick controls auxiliary hydraulic functions, facilitating fine adjustments. Moreover, the boom swing is also controlled by a thumb switch on the right joystick, eliminating the need for foot pedals and simplifying operation.
Visibility and Safety
The DX42-7 addresses various challenges encountered on jobsites, particularly concerning visibility and safety, with the following features:
- A framed full-glass door supports visibility to the surrounding work area
- For additional visibility, an optional rearview camera offers an extra perspective
- LED lamps are incorporated to offer visibility of the work group, allowing operators to navigate across the jobsite
- A standard travel alarm provides jobsite awareness. The alarm is activated when the machine is moving in reverse motion or is operating on the jobsite, alerting workers to its presence
- An optional rotating beacon is available for safety when working in high-traffic areas or low-light situations
The DEVELON Fleet Management system comes standard on the DX42-7. The system gives owners and dealers access to equipment data, such as machine location, health and performance. Through an app and website, customers can monitor and analyze this information, helping them make informed decisions on the jobsite.
DX42-7 Mini Excavator Specs
- Horsepower: 47 hp at 2,200 rpm (34.6 kW)
- Operating weight: 9,877 lbs. (4,480 kg)
- Maximum digging depth: 11 ft., 5 in. (3.5 m)
- Maximum digging reach (ground): 18 ft., 3 in. (5.6 m)
- Maximum loading height: 12 ft., 6 in. (3.8 m)
- Travel speed: 2.1 – 3.1 mph (3.4 – 5 km/hr)
Specs reflect the standard excavator arm.