Gradall Industries introduces the Series V hydraulic excavator models featuring an upgrade to Tier 4 Final-compliant diesel engines, acquired in an arrangement with Volvo Penta. The 5- and 8-liter diesels meet stringent global standards, including Stage IV (EU) and Tier 4 Final (US) emissions reduction requirements. In addition, fuel efficiency is improved by up to 5%.
Models with the new engines include the XL 3200 V, XL 4200 V and XL 5200 V crawler and XL 3300 V, XL 4300 V and XL 5300 V on/off-highway wheeled excavators. Series V crawler and on/off-pavement wheeled model categories will be available early this year, while Series V highway speed wheeled excavators will be available in late 2015.
Along with the new engine, the excavators include an upgraded high-performance, high-reliability, 24-volt electrical system, creating a better power source. A new operator safety option provides rollover protection that is integrated within the existing cab structure, without external support.
The new units also provide traditional advantages of Gradall excavators:
- Compact, low working profile allows work under bridges, in tunnels, beneath trees, on the ground floor of parking lot and building construction sites and roadside jobs without obstructing traffic
- Telescoping boom design delivers constant boom forces and speed throughout the dig cycle
- Entire boom tilts up to 220° with full boom power
- Roomy, quiet and comfortable operator cabs includes standard air conditioning, ergonomically designed seating modules, a removable front window and a switch to select Gradall, SAE or Deere joystick patterns
- Almost 70% parts commonality simplifies maintenance
- Longer routine service intervals and ground-level access to most service locations