Maintaining your cooling system is essential not only to keep your equipment running but to keep your engine from failing. Polaris Laboratories offers a quick list of eight dos and don'ts when it comes to maintaining your cooling system.
- DO use water that meets specifications
- DO use the same coolant formulation
- DO test your engine coolant at every PM
- DO ensure correct coolant testing is included in you test package
- DON'T use just any type of water to mix with antifreeze
- DON'T mix different coolant corrosion protection formulations
- DON'T put coolant in and forget about it
- DON'T just test the cooling system without understanding
To find out why these dos and don'ts are important, read the full article from Polaris Laboratories.