Vermeer has introduced a gasoline engine option for its BC1200XL brush chipper. The 135-hp PSI 4.3L EFI engine offers 23% more horsepower than its Tier 4 Interim diesel engine predecessor and maintains similar production rates.
- Electronic fuel injection enables cold weather starts and provides improved fuel economy
- EcoIdle engine control system helps reduce fuel consumption when material is not actively being fed into the chipper, plus aids in noise reduction
- Designed to process limbs up to 12 in. in diameter
- Drum speed of 2,000 rpm and an infeed speed of 110 fpm
- SmartFeed system monitors the engine rpm and automatically stops and reverses the dual horizontal feed rollers in order to prevent jams
- Light weight makes it easy to pull behind a standard 1/2-ton pickup truck
- Optional Tree Commander remote control allows the operator to remotely activate the reset/hold-to-run button and restart the feed rollers if the bottom feed stop bar is tripped