The Same Path Gas Line Slitting Technology is a tooling system for replacing natural gas distribution pipe that cannot be replaced by traditional bursting methods. It can be used to simultaneously split old pipe and install new pipe in the same smooth operation.
- Can replace 1/2- to 4-in. natural gas distribution pipe and may also be used to decommission inactive gas lines that will be left in the ground
- Slitting process follows the existing pipe path, reducing the likelihood of contact with other utilities
- Tooling’s string design permits virtually trouble-free pullback in PVC, HDPE, MDPE and Aldyl-A pipe
- Limits torque on new MDPE or HDPE replacement pipe to within approved manufacturer’s standards
- Designed for use with HydroGuide cable winches with self-deploying downriggers that simply setup time and place hydraulic pulling power directly in line with the slitting operation
- Can be retrieved all the way back to the extraction cage without leaving the path of the in situ pipe
- Tool string components include expanders, connectors and slitting tools with replaceable hardened-steel blades, breakaways and beacon housings