The new battery is engineered more run time (twice the run time of the Makita 3.0Ah LXT battery), but with the same weight and dimensions as the lower-capacity 3.0Ah, 4.0Ah, and 5.0Ah LXT batteries. It reaches a full charge in only 55 minutes, the fastest charge time in its category. For added convenience, it has an on-board L.E.D. charge level indicator.
The new BL1860B is compatible with over 150 Makita 18V cordless solutions, the world’s largest 18V lithium-ion cordless tool line-up.
- The new 6.0Ah battery will set new standards in run time when used on efficient brushless motor tools or in tandem on select Makita "X2" tools. Makita 18V X2 LXT (36V) cordless tools are powered by two 18V batteries, and are engineered to deliver corded power and run time for select highest-demand tools like saws, blowers and trimmers – but without leaving the 18V battery platform or investing in heavier, high-voltage batteries.
- Makita 18V LXT 6.0Ah will run 108 watt hours
- 18V X2 LXT Recipro Saw powered by two 18V 6.0Ah batteries: 2 x 108 will run 216 watt hours
- 60V 2.0Ah battery will run 120 watt hours
- Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries deliver consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4°F/-20°C).
- The impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery, and each battery has sixteen contact terminals to maintain a constant connection with the tool to help prevent power loss or fluctuation, even during high-vibration applications.
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger (sold separately) is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. The Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions.