The 13-lb. Maxstar 161 is available in three models featuring Auto-Line technology for 120- and 240-volt input power and power management technology that frees operators from primary power limitations and allows uninterrupted production.
- Maxstar 161 S offers DC output stick welding with an amperage range of 20 to 90 amps on 120-volt primary power and a range of 20 to 160 amps on 240-volt primary power
- Maxstar 161 STL provides Lift-Arc TIG and stick welding processes for DC TIG up to 130 amps and DC stick up to 90 amps on 120-volt input power, and DC TIG and DC stick up to 160 amps at 240-volt input power
- Maxstar 161 STH offers DC TIG up to 130 amps and DC stick up to 90 amps at 120-volt input power, DC TIG and DC stick up to 160 amps on 240-volt input power, plus a pulsed TIG range of 0 to 150 Hz
- Digital meter results in easy setup and more precise control when presetting or monitoring welding amperage
- Single amperage range allows amperage to be accurately set on 120- or 240-volt primary power
- Improvements to stick arc performance allow the arc to be kept lit even on difficult to run electrodes
- Upgraded handle/shoulder strap enables easy transport from location to location