MEC announces the introduction of the Proactive Platform Safety System (PPSS) for select slab scissor lifts. This innovative solution is designed to alert MEC scissor lift operators by proactively warning them of overhead hazards with the goal of collision and entrapment avoidance.
- A “cone” of safety is projected to detect objects above the machine operator
- Sensor will begin detecting obstacles 12 ft. above the platform floor
- An alarm will sound when an object is identified within the cone, and the frequency of beeps will increase as the object gets closer
- With a predetermined safe distance setting, the frequency of alarm beeps becomes constant and the machine stops lifting
- Override button is available for deliberate closer positioning towards an object
- Unique 45º orientation of the MEC lift control handle is designed so that forward/downward movement will cause the machine to lower if contact was made with an overhead obstacle