Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) announces the launch of its second generation Express WriteUp mobile application. In addition to enhancements to speed the repair order process, Express WriteUp2 helps service advisors and customers adhere to social distancing guidelines established by the CDC.
“The Express WriteUp2 tool has been a major help to us as we strive to maintain the health and safety of both our customers and our employees while keeping the nation’s trucks running,” says Mike Payne, Director of Continuous Improvement, Velocity Truck Centers. “Through the app, we can complete repair orders without having to interact face to face - ensuring we maintain social distancing and get the process started quickly.”
Since its 2017 introduction, Express WriteUp has enabled Freightliner and Western Star dealers to create a repair order (RO) with a mobile device. When a vehicle arrives at a repair facility, the service advisor can remotely pull vehicle mileage, fault codes, and trip details that seamlessly load into Uptime Pro via a Bluetooth adaptor. Users can also scan the vehicle identification number (VIN) or QR code affixed to the vehicle’s door pillar. Warranty repair coverage, repair history and fault code information are also visible in the app. Additional features added since launch include digital customer interview forms and the ability to digitally capture repair authorization signatures.
With the newest enhancements to Express WriteUp2, the following has been added or improved:
· Easier navigation with a new look and feel and faster vehicle processing.
· Ability to add a purchase order number to the RO.
· Improved fault code integrity.
· Ability to update dealership profile information.
· Creates an RO for all approved dealer management software (DMS) suppliers.
· Ability to easily change VIN based on screen displayed.
· PDF creation of Claim History, Component Detail, Inspection, Warranty Coverages including One Stop and Preventative Maintenance.