To formally launch the "Native Construction Careers Institute," the Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO, a coalition of Native American Tribal Councils, and various Congressional leaders will come together at a Press Conference and Luncheon on September 30th on Capitol Hill.
- Mark H. Ayers - President; Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO; and Co-Chair of the Native Construction Careers Institute
- Conrad Edwards - President; Council for Tribal Employment Rights; and Co-Chair of the Native Construction Careers Institute
- Presidents of National and International Unions Affiliated with the Building and Construction Trades Department
- The Honorable Ken Salazar; Secretary - US Department of the Interior (Invited)
- The Honorable Hilda Solis; Secretary - US Department of Labor (Invited)
- Jane Oates - Assistant Secretary of the Employment Training Administration; US Department of Labor
- Bob Middleton - Director; Bureau of Indian Affairs - Office of Indian Energy and Economic Development; US Department of the Interior
- The Honorable Harry Reid - Senate Majority Leader (Invited)
- The Honorable Kent Conrad - US Senator from North Dakota
- The Honorable John Tester - US Senator from Montana
- Other Members of Congress
Room 208-209; US Senate Visitors Center
United States Capitol
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.