The Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Aeronautics, announced the following 2011 Contractor of the Year awards at the December General Contractors of Illinois' Annual Conference.
Excellence in PCC (Portland Cement Concrete) Paving
- Brandt Construction Company; Consultant - Missman Inc.
For the construction of a temporary runway and pavement of a taxiway at the Quad City International Airport.
Excellence in Bituminous Paving
- Ambraw Asphalt Materials Company; Consultant - Hanson Professional Services
For the PFC (Porous Friction Course) overlay of a runway at the Crawford County Airport in Robinson, Ill.
Excellence in Lighting/Navigational Aids (NAVAIDS)
- Brown Electric Inc.; Consultant - Hanson Professional Services
For the replacement of high intensity runway lights on runway 18L/36R and various electrical upgrades at the Southern Illinois Airport in Carbondale.
Excellence in Marking/Signage
- Gaffney's Protective Maintenance Inc.; Consultant - Crawford, Murphy & Tilly
For airfield signage updates at the DuPage Airport.
Excellence in Airport Security/Safety
- Lovewell Fencing Inc.; Consultant - Crawford, Murphy & Tilly
For completion of Phase 4 in the construction of a new perimeter fence at the Peoria International Airport.
Copyright 2011 HT Media Ltd.All Rights Reserved