Milwaukee Tool introduces Open-Reel and Closed-Reel Long Tapes. According to the company, this is an industry-first, patent-pending Grime Guard blade cleaning system features a wiper that keeps dirt, mud, and other jobsite contaminants out of the housing and internal components of the long tape as its reeled in – providing a much longer life for the tool. To survive the demands of the jobsite, both 100 foot and 300 foot Open Reel Long Tapes include reinforced metal handles and a 3:1 planetary metal gear system that distributes force evenly, and puts less stress on internal components to prolong life.
- Exclusive to the Open Reel Long Tapes is a proprietary blade manufacturing process that combines a steel blade with extruded nylon coating. This design provides 50% less stretch for best-in-class accuracy and blade durability resulting in up to 10X longer blade life.
- The 100 foot Closed Reel Long Tape is constructed of a durable metal frame housing to help protect the tool from drops.
- Reinforced metal handles
- Available: November 2016
Open Reel Long Tape Options
- 100 foot Open Reel Long Tape - 48-22-5201
- 300 foot Open Reel Long Tape - 48-22-5230
- *30M and 100M Open Reel also available
Closed Reel Long Tape Options
- 100 foot Closed Reel Long Tape - 48-22-5101
- *30M Closed Reel also available