Case Construction Equipment brought its telematics and machine control technologies together under the name Case SiteSolutions as the foundation for refining systems solutions to help customers achieve greater jobsite productivity and return on investment.
Combining the marketing organizations for telematics and grade control is becoming a trend among the big earthmover manufacturers’, and the idea is sound: simplify the sales message and create a critical mass of resources that can be focused on the goal of helping contractors use data more practically and intuitively to improve their business.
Case SiteSolutions started the process by extending a factory-ready machine-control offering for dozers, as well as continued expansion and connectivity of its telematics solutions.
These four key elements of the SiteSolutions program are designed to help equipment owners succeed with Case site technology:
- Making Machine Control Accessible. Following Case’s 2014 partnership with Leica Geosystems, Case offers a full range of Leica precision construction solutions, and customers receive greater access to and support for these technologies through Case dealers. Select Case equipment is also available factory-ready for machine control solutions from all three primary machine control brands (Leica, Topcon and Trimble), making it easy for Case customers to get machine-control benefits.
- Added Machine Parameters for More Complete Intelligence. The number of machine parameters transmitted by the Case SiteWatch telematics system has been increased from 12 to 40, enabling fleet managers to monitor a more comprehensive range of machine-health and performance indicators and maximize fleet utilization.
- Enhanced Connectivity with Optional Satellite Coverage. Case is introducing a hardware update with its new AM53 modem that includes 3G connectivity to improve the modem’s communication speed, cellular coverage and backup battery. These improvements follow the option of adding satellite connectivity to ensure telematics service in areas without cellular network coverage. Case has partnered with IRIDIUM and Quake Global for satellite connectivity.
- Case SiteSolutions Academy. One key to continued development of construction-technology solutions is the ability for equipment owners to show tangible business improvements with it. Case is establishing a user tool – Case SiteSolutions Academy – that will launch via its website in June 2015 where users can learn first-hand how to use SiteSolutions technologies, and leverage every opportunity to increase productivity and improve jobsite efficiencies.
“Some users think of these technologies as complex,” Case says in its SiteSolutions announcement. “Case SiteSolutions Academy is built as a simple, easy-to-access centralized information management system. It can be used for sharing information on basic operation as well as tips and tactics for greater utilization/performance.”
Case SiteSolutions Academy will:
- Provide end-user level detail on operation of equipment
- Reduce frequency of operational questions
- Create a consistent application message for users and support personnel within the Case network
- Offer consistent entry level training to the equipment to maximize efficiency
- Manage and share tips/tactics for best practices, improving utilization and performance