Chicago Pneumatic Construction Equipment (CP) has introduced a range of diaphragm pumps to include five different sizes. These new pumps are ideal for construction, rental, mining, and offshore, among other industries. The new diaphragm pumps from CP included are 1/2-inch, 1-inch, 1-1/2-inch, 2-inch, and 3-inch models. Within those different sizes, there are three different housings, made up of aluminum, polypropylene (poly), and stainless steel, as each housing is unique to the market. Aluminum is good for fluids having potential hydrogen (pH) levels between 5.5 and 8.5, while stainless steel is ideal for concentrated acids and alkaline, and poly is a good alternative low cost where fluid is compatible.
- Available diaphragms for the CP pumps include Neoprene, Buna, Viton, Teflon, and Santoprene.
- The diaphragms and seals for each model are quick and easy to change out.
- Neoprene is a general-purpose diaphragm for use in non-aggressive applications such as water-based slurries, well water or seawater, with the ability to handle temperature ranges from zero to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Buna is for applications involving petroleum and oil-based fluids, and ranges from 10 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ideal for temperatures ranging from -40 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, a Viton diaphragm is used for extremely hot temperatures, as well as aggressive fluids such as aromatic or chlorinated hydrocarbons and highly aggressive acids.
- Teflon can also handle aggressive fluids, but offers less of a temperature range than its Viton counterpart at 40 to 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Santoprene is built as a general-purpose diaphragm and has a good abrasion resistance, flex life and durability.
- The CP diaphragm pumps coming in the following housing: 1/2-in.: aluminum; 1-in.: aluminum, stainless steel, poly; 1-1/2-in.: aluminum, stainless steel; 2-in.: aluminum, stainless steel and 3-in.: aluminum